Wednesday 9 March 2016

Final Magazine cover: First tempt ( DAZED )

Final


So after collaborating with with Simon Morris from The freelancer club and the model Rhiane Whitfield and designer Stina Smith. We booked a studio in Kent and I really couldn't wait for this shoot as I was so prepared, had a model, photographer and a designer. So I couldn't wait to do this shoot and to collaborate with other creative individuals to bring a creative magazine cover together!

I knew what the dresses looked like and had this whole image in my head how I wanted the model shot because this dress reminds me so much of one of the DAZED covers that inspire me with Kendall Jenner modelling and I just couldn't wait! When the day came couldn't wait to get started but when getting to the studio I just knew I wasn't going to like my shoot as I wanted a plain background as so much is going on with the dress. But only backgrounds was some mad pokadot backdrop and then one with graffiti backdrop and I didn't like any of them but felt the graffiti was a lot better than some mad pokadots! I just started to feel this wasn't my magazine shoot any more so was happy I done it early so I had time to plan a new shoot!

Even though I don't like the image as a whole because the dress and the background is just too much going on and to me the image as a whole doesn't work as a magazine cover. As the position doesn't really do the model any justice, as speaking to another photographer you should never really capture with up the nose. And I see why! I did get the model to shoot looking straight forward but with this being close you could really see the make up. Make up wise I was really happy with I loved the base I applied, the slight dewiness to the hight of the cheek and the cherry on the cake to me was the lip! As I always seemed to struggle with lips but I feel I can see my progression in applying lips which I'm really happy about. Because there's nothing worse than a beautiful clean make up with an unbalanced lip! So even though I don't like this image  I do like the make up! and the hair is also in the style of Thierry Mugler which I'm also happy with but the rest of the image is just a big no! Just doesn't work! So to set another shoot!

Products used:

Foundation: Face and body c1
Powder: Kroylan translucent
Blusher: Illamasqua cream blush - rude 
Brow: MAC brow gel
Eyes: MAC cork
Mascara: MAC
Hightlighter: MUA light
Contour: Shadester
Lip: MAc ruby woo
Extras: Rose water

No comments:

Post a Comment