Friday 12 February 2016

Hair: Ponytails incorporating Avant Garde updo's

Today's lesson was all about that perfect neat pony tail, which may I add is very hard!! And once I've applied the ponytail I will be using scrim which is a strong, coarse fabric that will act as like scaffolding to my Avant Garde hairstyle that I will be applying to my model's head.

Starting off with applying my ponytail first I applied a few sprays of water to the hair to help me get this back smooth and neat! Brushing all the hair through using my soft brush and then started from the forehead to the crown brushing all the way round the head using my left hand to hold the pony and I use my right hand to brush in the hair in and rotating round and getting this tight to the head as possible once I got my pony neat finally! Tied with a hair band as I tried with a elastic band first as I wanted it really tight but kept breaking so used the hair bands instead as they were more secure for my hair style I was about to create!


With my pony in place was time to start with getting creative with Avant Garde style! I wanted to create a style that showed texture and range within the style with using the fabric scrim to this will hold my style and become the frame to my work. First with creating a hollow circle and just applying to the top of the crown under the ponytail and then wrapping this round the scrim and covering with the models hair. Pinning the scrim to the models head making this secure.



Once I secured my scrim to the models head I made a small ball out of crepe hair this can be used as padding or use to apply beards and any other false facial hair you want to apply to the face so you can pretty much use it for a lot of things for make up and hair stylists. Taking a small amount of crepe hair and moulding this into a small ball and placing this in front of the pony to begin the different range of size and different textures.And adding crepe hair to the hollow circle filling out to add more texture to the style.


Next I made a bigger circle out of scrim and pinning this together to hold the circle together once all pinned and secured I then spread the crepe hair out over the the scrim making sure its covered but not completely. Once all applied I then pinned this to the back of the head making sure it was secure to the models head.


Evaluation

Really enjoyed this lesson as it was a chance for all us girls to get creative and think in the form of a fashion hairstylist. I applied a look that I had in my head and felt it really worked as I wanted to really apply the Avant Garde look but create texture within my look. I think the style I created some people would like and some wouldn't just cause it's different to your normal pretty carpet up do but as Avante Garde is totally the opposite and for that reason is my favourite hair styles as I love its big, bold and out there and just looks so creative which I love and love creating these hair styles!
If I was to change anything within my style maybe try without the crepe hair in the middle of the circle and also for the last circle instead of covering in crepe hair get the same colour of the models hair and wrapping this round instead! But overall I loved this style and feel it suits the whole concept of Avant  Garde. 





No comments:

Post a Comment