Thursday 4 February 2016

Hair: Part 1 French pleat

For this lesson Emma demonstrated a French pleat to us that would suit the red carpet showing a beautiful elegant look, with back combing the hair all out this will give volume to the hair and body making it easier for the style to stay in place. Combing all the right side round to the centre of the back of the head smoothing this out and pinning about 4 grips to hold this in place and then brushing and smoothing the other side out, bringing in the section towards the gripped centre and rolling this and then turning upside which this will create the roll and holding this in place start to pin to make secure and finishing off making the fringe fancy smoothing over and applying the ends to blend in with top of the pleat.

( Stylist Emma Coombs )

So after seeing the demo by Emma was our turn to apply this style I sectioned my fringe out as I wanted to add this in to the style near the end of styling the hair and then went onto back combing all the models hair which this will help give body and volume and also keeping my style together. Once I had back combed the hair I combed round all the right side of the hair making sure I've smoothed out and bringing this to the centre of the back of the models head to keep this in place I gripped in a line leading from the nape up towards the crown applying about four grips so that this will stay intact.
Now for the fiddly part,  smoothing out my back combed left side of the head leaving the front out still so this can add to the final style so smoothing out so the back combing isn't on show and brushing the hair round bringing it to the centre of the back of the head and then wrapping the hair round my two fingers and then turning this upside down and pining in place joining into the other grips I placed to keep this all in place.

Once all pinned and secured I brushed the front of the models hair making sure was all smoothed out and ready to style going into the top of the French pleat, taking this over brushing and smoothing over top of the head taking to the left side and then taking into a swirl of the direction of the top of my French pleat I created, using my very fine pins to insert to making sure they cant be seen but hold the front of the hair well into the French pleat and then light sprayed with hair spray to fix and to hold giving that final touch.



Evaluation

For this up do it did take me a few attempts as I did at first a little fiddly to begin with creating the pleat but after I got the hang of it it did get easier with turning the pleat and as it kept going too loose but after keep trying I got my French pleat! If I was to attempt this style again I would maybe make the front of the hair more styled and maybe while applying the pleat have the front of the hair kept in heated rollers so when I've applied the pleat take my rollers out brush out the curls so it will create a nice wave to work with! giving a nice gorgeous up do.   



No comments:

Post a Comment