Monday 1 February 2016

Bleached brow by me

So after being shown our demo for the bleached brow it was our turn to create this high fashion look! Starting off with prepping my models skin so its a fresh canvas, cleansing the skin making sure any excess make up is removed, toning to restore the PH balance in the skin and then moisturising taking away any dryness in the skin as I've worked with this model before and know she tends to suffer with dry patches within her skin so once I applied my moisturiser and let this set into the skin I then applied illamasqua hydra veil which will help lock in moisture to my models skin helping me for when I apply her base.

Once prepped my models skin I wanted to start on the eyes first this is so if I cause any drop out when applying the eyes its easier for me to clean up rather than apply the base then eyes and cause drop out then having to ruin my base, so this is why I start with the eyes first. 
Firstly priming the lids this will keep my shadow intact as priming the eye is always good otherwise by the end of the day the shadow could end up smudged all over the eye where as when a primer in place this will avoid this and keep the eyes looking gorgeous all day and night! For the eye primer I used the BALM, then dusted MAC brule giving a light base, MAC cork blended into the crease and then MAC brun blended out on top into the corner of the nose once blended I then applied MAC amber lights the lid and dusting this over lightly and winging the eye out giving more of a winged look I applied MAC brun into the lash line and bringing this outwards of the eye creating a nice winged shape to darken this a little I applied carbon on top just to frame the eye more, also taken this under the lower lash line to finish the winged eye, finishing the eye off with applying MAC mascara.
For the models base I first applied MAC strobe cream giving that glowing look applying all areas of the face once all buffed into the skin I started to mix my foundation using MAC full coverage as I wanted a full coverage complexion and this suits well. Mixing NC15, NC25, NC35 once mixed applied to my models skin and buffed out over the skin, and then powdered my models face with Kroylan translucent dusting this over the face to set the base.

Next I went on with my bronzer using Rimmel natural bronzer colour 022 sun bronze taking this onto the cheekbone to give that bronzed look then going in with my contour colours to add depth and structure to the models face first using MAC shadester and then taking shadowy right into the the top of the cheekbone that will create a nice depth shadow to the cheekbone and to make it pop using my MUA highlighter stick in light applying lightly to the hight of the cheekbone and the bridge of the models nose. Once highlight and contoured my models face I moved onto applying the bleached brow effect because my model has really dark brows I mixed from my derma palette using D32 which will be my warmth that will help take out any darkness and mixed D1,D2 and D4 and applied to the brow brushing the brow in the wrong direction really brushing them through making sure all hairs are covered finishing off with combing MAC brow gel through to set the brow. To finish my whole look I applied to the lip MAC please me, amorous and some of the foundation I used for my model mixed together and lightly applied to finish off.



Products used

Skin: MAC strobe cream
Base: MAC full coverage NC15, NC25, NC35
Powder: Kroylan translucent powder
Eyes: MAC brula, cork, brun, amber lights, carbon
Mascara: MAC mascara
Bronzer: Rimmel natural bronzer, sun bronze 022
Contour: MAC contour powder, shadester, shadowy
Highlighter: MUA highlighter stick- light
Brows: Derma palette, D32, D1, D2 and D4- MAC brow gel 
Lip: Models foundation, MAC lip palette please me and amorous


Evaluation 

If I was to do this look again there most definitely a few things I would change! I wasn't so happy with this outcome at all because I don't feel I went dark enough on the eye I mist defiantly could of gone darker but I did like the blend and the winged out shape I created so next time I would go darker giving more of a smoky look to the eye! The brows I first didn't apply enough D32 as the brows still were showing threw and not giving that bleached effect, with Branka giving the tip of needing more warmth I felt they did look more bleached after Branka giving me tips but in the photos still show the brow being a little dark but my models brows were basically borderline black so was a bit harder than having other models of the class.
So with this lesson not being my lesson I didn't match the skin tone correctly, today I was a lot slower and when it came to the base I did start to rush and started to apply to the face realising time was running out I just buffed into the skin when really I should of colour corrected as I made the skin warmer than it should of been and that shouldn't be the case cause I know 100 percent I can colour match! 
Making the lip warmer would of made this a lot better too so today I felt I got the base and the lip mixed up and not sure what happened to work that day but its most definitely will be repeating! Look forward to uploading correct colour match of my work, as its embarrassing having this on my blog was so annoyed with myself but we all have bad days right?!





No comments:

Post a Comment