Friday 5 February 2016

Black and white editorial by me

Once we was shown the demo was our turn to create the look, looking forward to applying this editorial look as I think this it's a breath taking look when applied well looks stunning on camera!
I wanted to make sure my models skin was well and truly prepped because if there is any dryness this will show the texture in the black and white image. Cleansing the skin followed by a toner and then on to moisturising the skin giving this a few minutes to soak into the skin then applied illamasqua hydra veil this will also knock out any dry skin making sure my skin will be ready for my base application.
Starting with the eyes first I primed the eye first using the BALM primer this helps keep the shadow in place and helps the pigment of the shadow really come out, once I had primed both eyes I applied the natural eye first using MAC embark shadow pressing it into the lid using an oval brush and then buffing and then blending it out with my blending brush once all blended out for the highlighter I used MUA highlighter colour light buffing into the brow bone. Finishing the natural eye with with a small amount of MAC mascara just to open the eyes and add some definition.

Moving onto the black and white eye, with my eye already primed pressing into the lid with my oval shaped brush applying MAC carbon shadow once all pressed and applied to the lid and then blended this out and took it into the corner of the nose giving that high fashioned look once all buffed and blended out using a fluffy blending brush I buffed in MAC brule shadow to the brow bone and then to soften this then blended this out. To create a contrast look to the eye using MAC white acrylic liner as the eye liner but instead of taking the liner right into the corner of the eye I started from the middle of the eye and winging my liner out, creating a bit of fall out and as I really blended the shadow out onto the height of the cheekbone I cleaned this up using a make up wipe putting over my finger cleaning up underneath and then bringing up towards the top of the cheekbone making a sharpe winged eye, finishing with applying the MAC mascara opening the eye more, for the brows I wanted to keep natural so just brushed through MAC brow gel and brushed up the hairs at the begin of the brows to give a high fashion feel.

Now the eyes are applied and my moisturiser and hydra veil has set into the skin to give extra gloss look to my base I applied MAC strobe cream to the face before I applied to the base once all applied ready for my base I mixed up MAC full coverage NC15, NC25 and MAC strobe cream together as full cover is quite a thick consistency and I wanted a full coverage look but a natural look still and added strobe to make more of a liquid consistency and also add a shimmer glow to my base. Applied all over my models skin and just powdering the T-zone section with Kroylan translucent powder giving this a natural look. Highlighting the natural side of the face with vaseline to the cheekbone and the bow of the lip so it will be more of a natural highlight on camera for the white and black shadowed side I wanted a more contoured look so lightly contouring the forehead with my contour colour MAC shadester and into the cheek bone and then lightly dusting the jaw line. The to add depth into the cheek bone using MAC shadowy contour powder. For the highlighter on this side I choose to use a cream MUA highlighter colour light this is a shimmered highlight rather than the vaseline giving a natural highlight and implying a dewy skin!


Natural side



( Natural without flash )


( Natural in black and white )

Heavier side


( White liner )


( Mirrored image in black and white )


( Face on showing both sides heavier side on left, natural side on the right )

Products used:

Skin care: Simple cleanser, toner, moisturiser 
Extra prepping the skin: Illamasqua hydra veil, MAC strobe cream
Base: MAC full coverage NC15, NC25 mixed with MAC strobe cream
Eyes natural side: The BALM primer, MAC shadow embark
Brow bone: MUA highlighter colour light
Eyes heavier side: The BALM primer, MAC carbon shadow 
Brow bone: MAC brule shadow
Liner: MAC white acrylic liner
Brows: MAC brow gel 
Natural side highlighter: Vaseline
Heavier side highlighter: MUA colour light 
Powder: Kroylan translucent powder
Heavier side contour: MAC shadester, shadowy
Mascara: MAC mascara 
Lips: Vaseline

Evaluation

For this lesson I really enjoyed applying this look and seeing the finished result in black and white on camera made it look stunning really fresh and high fashioned with the natural side if I was to do this again I would of kept it rounded up on the lid as I blended it out quite a bit and when you see it on the image it makes the eye seem as its drooping down when I ideally want the eye to look lifted and awake not drooping! so that would defiantly something I would change next time and maybe add a slight more vaseline to pick the highlight up a bit more.
The heavier side I really like the contour in the black and white mirrored image as I feel it really shows off the cheekbones in the image, the change I would make is just really being more creative next time with the eye as I done similar to the demo that Holly demonstrated but I really liked my overall outcome and really enjoyed applying this whole look.   














No comments:

Post a Comment