Sunday 15 November 2015

Straight blow dry by me ...

Firstly putting a towel around my models neck preventing her getting wet, once I tucked this in around the neck getting my basin in position asking my model to learn back , asking if its comfortable for her. When so started getting the right temperature making it warm so it doesn't burn my model or too cold for her when getting the right temperature running the water through her hair at the top of the head cupping my hand and pulling down the head so the water doesn't go in her eyes repeating this around the ears, getting the whole head wet ready to apply shampoo to the head massaging into the head bringing it down to the tail of the hair rinsing the first application of shampoo once all rinsed I repeated the shampooing again making sure my models hair was clean.
For conditioning the hair I applied to the ends of the hair and the remainder I massage into the head doing this for a few minutes giving time for the conditioner to moisture the hair.
Starting to rinse the conditioner from the hair making sure all is rinsed from the hair to know when the hair is all rinsed properly when the water runs clear from the hair and no bubbles.
Ringing the tail of the hair getting my model to lean forward, wrapping the towel round her head taking her to the work station making sure the chair is low this is so I can style the hair easier as if she was sat at a height would be difficult to style for myself as I wouldn't be able to put tension on the hair. Once my model is seated I started to towel dry the hair and started combing from the bottom of the hair working up the head after all combed through, making a parting nearly ready to start my blow dry putting serum through the hair and mousse following heat defence spray to protect the hair from heat off the hair dryer.

Sectioning the hair, I took quite small sections as this was the first blow dry I have ever given so I felt smaller the sections I would be able to get my sections straight. Each layer felt like was becoming easier as at first I found it all so fiddly with keeping the brush in one hand and hair dryer in the other.
Starting from the root keeping tension on the brush bringing the the hair downwards towards me.
when doing this I found it quite hard to control when holding from the handle so Emma gave me a tip where you can hold from the nozzle it sometimes may get a little hot but I found myself having to much more control over my blow dry and found I was so much quicker too! When I had straight blow dried the whole head to finish the look I put a size of a 10 pence of serum in my hand rubbed together putting this through the models hair and adding shine spray to finish the look ready for camera!






                                                                         Tool used:
                                                                       
                                                               Hair dryer with nozzle
                                                               Denman paddle brush
                                                               Sectioning clips
                                                               Serum
                                                               Shine spray

                                                             
                                                                        Evaluation

When doing this lesson I did like it but wasn't something I enjoyed as I felt my arms ached a lot but being shown to hold the dryer at the nozzle this gave me more control also not causing my arm to ache as much! I felt my final result came out quite well for my first blow dry even though I did moan through most of it my arm was aching! If I was to do the again add more serum to near the end of the hair to give a better finish as you can see the split ends, to over come this rubbing more serum into my hands applying to the lower half of the hair and setting with more shine spray to get a nice finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment