Saturday 14 November 2015

Grease paints applied by us

After Branka's demo I couldn't wait to apply this look myself! Starting with preparing my models skin as I didn't have any MAC fix plus in my kit so I carried on with my cleansing the skin and moisturising as I found my models skin quite dry in areas so added argan oil also to lock the moisture into the skin doing this is important at the start of your treatment because going straight in applying your base with no prep to the skin you will soon see it in your final look with the base now blending well into the skin and clinging to any dry areas so locking in moisture is a must!
Next with my base started mixing using the colours from my grease pallet using skin, mango, white, yellow mixing these all together making my base applying to my models jawline and blending into the neck making sure its correct skin tone for my model. Getting the exact colour I started to blend this out over the face once I had applied to the whole left side as Branka had applied the other for our class demo, I concealed under my models eye getting her to look straight forward into the mirror with her chin into her neck as this helps us make up artists see better under the eye where needs concealing cancelling out any dark circles or bags from under the models eyes also concealing any blemishes on the skin using my already mixed skin tone adding a tiny bit of red and burgundy mixed what is similar to our dema colour D32 that has slightly warmed up my concealer as you shouldn't make concealer light as this will bring attention to what your trying to cover from the human eye, and then to set with Ben Nye under the eye quite heavy so there is no movement under the eye as grease paints are quite greasy/oily and if its set will cause it to move and crease under the eye. 
Next to highlight bringing out those elements of my models face using white from my pallet mixing into my foundation colour so this is bringing elements of the skin out but in a natural look not going in with a just white causing a bright white highlight. pressing this into the skin and ready for me to mix my contour shade for my model using the remainder of my base mixing grey, red, and a bit of brown together to make my contour applying to my models contoured/ shaded areas that I want to create depth to the models face and will make the highlight pop even more!

This time setting my models skin but only lightly as I don't want it to be a heavy just a light layer just enough for the grease paints not to move. Going onto making my shadow using the colours, brown and beige creating a natural brown to buff into the models contour line nothing heavy just enough to give the eye definition, adding black into the lash line outlining the eye also the lower lash line setting with a very light amount of powder setting the eye. 
For the brows combing through with MAC brow gel and then mixing dark brown and grey together and putting through the brow to fill them in not to extend setting with a light layer of powder, nearly finishing my look mixing red, yellow and burgundy to mix for my blush getting my model to smile adding to the apples of the cheeks and buffing into the skin so the blush isn't too harsh the cheek. Adding bit more burgundy to the blush colour to create my lip colour but our palette was giving a different colour causing my lip coming out to be more of a natural colour I did try to correct this colour by adding bit of red but the then caused it to become quite pink! So I mixed in some white this toning it down and I mixed in so natural colour in because I did like this colour mixed so started to work into my models lip. and final touch using the black from the palette getting my model to look up working this into her bottom lashes and then straight ahead to work into the top lashes and finally look down to get right into the top lashes. I would to finish this look fix the face with MAC fix spray to hold the look in place but because I had no fix spray I lightly dusted with Ben Nye fair powder.



When I start my looks I get really into it but this does have me to forget to take step by steps, the image above shows my model with her base, concealed, highlighted and contoured using my grease palette.




                                                                           



Products used:

Base: skin, mango, white and yellow
Concealer: base + red and burgundy
Highlighter: base added with white 
Contour: grey, red, bit of brown mixed with remainder of base
Setting powder: Ben nye (fair)
Eyes: brown and beige
Brow: brow gel following onto dark brown and grey mixed
Blush: red, yellow, burgundy
Lip: red, yellow, burgundy, white
Mascara: black

Evaluation

Applying this look I really enjoyed, as at first thought I may struggle as we was applying a full face with just grease paints but as I started mixing my colours I started to really work with it well. I think being shown this way of applying a full face is a very good tip for every make up artist to know and most importantly helps you work with colour and get to know your colours and feel I learnt a lot in this lesson.
I was really happy with my outcome and if I was to do this again I don't know what I would change or make better as I was really proud of this outcome considering I wasn't confident to begin with but my confidence grew throughout the application.
The one thing I could change would be the start of the brow filling that as I tend to fade my brow to that point and Branka did mention good brows but that would something that I could change but everything else I'm happy with and really enjoyed applying with grease paints would I like to do it again? Yes so give it a try!!


No comments:

Post a Comment