Monday 2 November 2015

Highlight and contour by me (dewey)

Health and safety

Before every treatment I will carry out risk assessment this meaning checking my work station making sure is safe for myself, client, and work colleagues surrounding my work area.

Firstly I make sure all bags are tucked under nothing out on the floor causing a hazard, making sure no coats are over the chair or on my station and are hung up and out of the way. Once making sure my area is hazard free I will make sure my clients chair is at the right height so when my client is seated they will be at eye level. This is so its comfortable for my clients and myself as the chair being at the wrong height can cause me to lean and hunch my back a lot throughout the treatment, when your back should always be in a straight posture so this doesn't create any health problems for yourself later on in life.




Above I have inserted two images showing how your posture should be throughout all treatments and how you shouldn't stand throughout as this can cause your back to hunch and cause back pain later on in life.

When nearly ready to start a treatment its always IMPORTANT to wash your hands as you don't want to be touching your clients face without your hands wash as you could be carrying germs to their face, always handy to also keep a small bottle of hand sanitiser on your station if needed to use throughout the treatment.
Each treatment you never use the same brushes on all of your clients ALWAYS clean brushes for every single client as you should never use dirty brushes. When applying your products to your client you shouldn't dip your brush into your product for example dipping your lip brush into your lipstick and then onto your models lip and back to the lipstick as this is cross contamination, the safe way is to use a spatula taking a laying of your product onto the back of your washed clean hand and working from that than rather working from the products container this will the cross out any contaminations in your treatment.  


                                                         Highlight and contour by me 


Firstly prepping my models skin cleansing, toner & moisturise as I found my model had dry patches of skin in certain areas that needed more moisture so that the dryness of the skin wont ruin the application. To over come these dry areas I did apply a rich sensitive moisturiser and following this I applied an argan oil to lock in more moisturiser. Throughout prepping my models skin I was getting to know her undertones so when it came to mixing the right tones for her face I was aware of what colours to mix.
Concealing my model next using my dema palette D0,D3,D7,D32 concealers mixing these together to get the right correction colour for my models skin tone using this this to cover any blemishes or dark circles under the eyes.
For my base I used face and body MAC (C1) straight as my model has a quite a pale tone and this being the lightest foundation we have in face and body where as normally I would have mixed a white face and body to it but non was available, but considering I didn't mix any white to cool the foundation down to my models tone once applied and buffed into the skin I found this became quite good match and wasn't as dark to the models tone as I thought it would be! After building my base and was happy with my application, I mixed clown white super colour palette from my theatrical kit, into my base colour mixing my highlighter on the back of my hand doing this will make highlighter 3 shades lighter. Unfortunately I didn't get an step by step to show my progression throughout my dewey highlight and contour look to show you the development of and highlighted and contour look.  I applied highlighter to the areas I wanted my models features to pop, lightly buffing my highlighter into the skin following onto to mixing my contour colour using, my super colour pallet beige, reddish brown, grey brown, yellow, grey, pink, creating my contour colour to be 4/5 shades up from my models skin as I'm trying to create a shadow of the models features .
When applying to the areas I wanted to shade/contour from top of the ear to the mouth in a shape of a right angle triangle making this shape on the cheek bone but I also filled this shape I created with quite a lot of product and I would say a good tip in make up is always build as if its not enough you can build on your product but soon as you apply lots of product its hard to take away.
With this look I was lucky even though I did apply too much product I blended and buffed into my models skin at first this gave a dirty look and not the shadow of the cheekbone which was meant to be my outcome. Taking a bit more time I did manage to control this 'dirt look' I created, to help overcome this I applied some of my highlighter white clown and base mixed together and applied to under the cheekbone as the 'dirt look' did take up quite an area because I applied far too much product and when trying to blend this out it started to apply under the cheekbone and felt I started to loose control. So applying and blending white clown to under the cheek bone did help me over come my too much product applied and most definitely was a lesson learnt right there!

Once all blended onto finishing my look I used my ring finger to apply strobe to my highlighted areas, applying blusher to my models apples of the cheek getting her to smile using MAC dolly mix and finishing my look taking MAC brow gel through the brows, applying Vaseline as I found my models lips quite dry and cracked so applying this gave them more moisture then finishing this look by giving my model a spritz of rose water to her face giving a beautiful dewey look.



Image above is my model concealed following face and body used as my base, as I mentioned previously I used C1 which was a shade or two darker than my models skin tone but once buffed and blended into the skin on camera and in person did work very well was happy with the outcome. I feel more and more I work with face and body its starting to become my friend as I've mentioned in previous posts I'm not a massive fan of face and body as its not a thick coverage more of a foundation you build layers to finally get to a thicker coverage , but as I've learnt in these past few weeks is how to work it and work with face and body as now to get a more thicker consistency as I've always found it more runny but working into the back of my hand making a thicker foundation which I feel helps more with coverage giving more a full coverage. Making me think face and body isn't too bad and is a foundation I'm starting to like working with throughout the different looks I am creating within my lectures.

                          
Products used:   
                                                                                     
 Concealer: D0, D3, D7, D32 
Base: C1 straight
Highlight: Strobe MAC, white clown + base C1
Contour: super colour palette- beige, reddish brown, grey brown, yellow, grey, pink
Blusher: dolly mix MAC
Brows: brow gel MAC 
Lip: Vaseline
Final touch: rose water

Evaluation

With my final outcome inserted above, if I was to create this look again when applying would be to remember apply less and build the colour as its easy to add more than apply loads cause not so easy to take away! Which I applied too much product with my contour and luckily overcame this. Next time I would use some more rose water over my models face as I feel the images above show the application of the face to look quite matte which wasn't the brief given and was meant to be more of a dewey look! So this is something I would like to recreate to really master this look. Did I like creating this look? Yes I did because I learnt throughout this make up look, and when I came across small problems the 'dirt look' I created, I didn't panic like I would of done in the past I stepped back and thought how can I overcome this came up with what I needed to do and overall was happy with my whole application and the lessons I learnt throughout. 





No comments:

Post a Comment