Thursday 3 December 2015

Recreating an image

For today's lesson we had no demo but instead Branka gave us all random images for us all to recreate on each other! Our brief given of the lesson was to copy the exact image we had been given which will help us with our assessment when we have to copying our chosen image from certain catwalks.
My image was a glossy smoky eye with strong contour, firstly I applied the eyes using MAC black track liner taking it to the socket line and then slightly blending the product and then working onto the lid with MAC carbon shadow pressing into the lid, then onto the brows I used MAC brow gel brushing through them and applied MAC brun shadow just taking the shadow mainly through the beginning of the brow and took the remainder lightly through the brow finishing the eye by applying MAC mascara, and was leaving the gloss till last so it would last longer.
For the skin I cleansed and moisturised the models skin ready for my base application using Full coverage applying where I wanted to highlight mainly focusing under the eye as this is quite highlighted in the image once I had applied my highlighter I used NC25 for my contour as its very strong the contour so placed this under the cheek bones and around the temples and slightly on the forehead and jawline and blended all this into the skin blending in circular motions making sure is well blended and not made her look dirty as some people can make this happen when contouring. To set the skin I used Ben Nye fair and lightly dusted this over the face and for the lip I used my nude MAC lip liner applied all over the lip and then added a hint of MAC gloss also applying gloss to the lid finishing my glossy smoke image.




( fig .1, fig .2 Model Chelsey Pavey, Make-up artist Sophie Anders )

Products used

Base: MAC full coverage NC15, NC25
Eyes: Mac black track liner, MAC carbon shadow, MAC gloss
Powder: Ben Nye fair
Mascara: MAC mascara 
Lip: MAC nude lip liner, MAC gloss
Brows: MAC brun shadow , MAC brow gel

Evaluation

when turning over and seeing the image I had been given I was made up as I loved applying this look a few weeks ago! This time though I didn't apply a blend out colour as the image didn't look like it had a blend out colour so just black track and carbon shadow was used I feel I did apply the image well but I think eyes did look a bit more blended mess look to the lids and my look very Sharpe so if I was to copy this image again I think instead of using a brush this time I would work into the lid with my fingers doing a Pat Mcgrath technique to give it more of a edge look and not so neat and sharpe like my image shows above. And maybe work more into the contour as its a very strong contour. But I did feel I made a really good attempt at this look and is good practice for my formative assessment as I have to copy a chosen make-up.



No comments:

Post a Comment