Thursday 3 December 2015

Creative liner by me

After Branka showing us the creative liner was our turn to create liner for catwalk, which I was really excited about as I just love applying these beautiful looks for catwalk as I feel it can be really plain and simple as less is more they say or could create something really wacky but today I wanted to apply what think would be great for catwalk!

So I started off prepping my models skin cleansing the skin making sure its a fresh canvas and working moisturiser into the skin as the skin did appear a bit dry to myself . Now my skin was ready I applied the base first instead of the eye as I was only really applying liner so this wouldn't cause any drop page and ruin my base. For this look I was aiming for more of a full coverage and had worked with my model before I did prefer applying this base as I felt worked better giving more coverage. So mixed NC15 and NC25 as my model is has quite a pale skin tone but does have a bit of colour to the neck so I mixed a warmer tone than her face as her neck does had a hint of colour. Once mixed and felt I mixed the correct tone I applied to the bottom of her jawline and then buffing this in and down the neck slightly blending it in making sure I've mixed the correct tone, as I did mix the correct tone I went on to applying all over the face with my buffing brush blending and buffing in circular motions this is so its all blended well into the skin and buffed out well. I would normally conceal with my MAC concealer pallet but after applying the base it gave quite good coverage but I did need to conceal some areas  so I just used left over base from the back of my hand just pressing it lightly into the skin with a small flat brush. Once all my base was perfect I went onto setting the skin with Ben Nye super white but just dusted this over the face nothing to heavy just to set the base. Moving onto my liner, I used MAC black track as mentioned in other posts I am not a fan of black track really do need to invest in a better liner as this just isn't black enough and tend to have to repeat over a few times to get a good black from it, but this was the product I used today starting from the middle of the lid in small brush strokes taking the liner where the brow bone would naturally stop not taking it out into a flick but curving up and then taking the liner just over half way on the lid but following the shape of the eye not into a straight line. Then taking a line from the brow bone joining to the bottom of the liner in the lash line. Finishing the eye's taking carbon MAC placing in the outer corners of the eyes blending the colour towards the centre of the lid. To finish the eye I applied mascara to the lashes and for the brows I wanted to give a high fashion look I didn't  take through any colour but applied brow gel MAC brushing the brows and brushing them upwards giving a spiky look to them. For the lip I mapped out the lip with MAC black liner and the filled the lip with my black track liner MAC applying to the lip using an angled brush to really get the pointed lip.
For the contour I used rimmel  bronzer tone medium just giving slight warmth to the face nothing to heavy just lightly dusted over the areas the sun would naturally hit the face but to the bridge of the nose applying to sides of the bridge with black carbon MAC just very lightly as I wanted to give a try to see how it would look and I felt it worked really well!




Products used

Base: MAC full coverage NC15, NC25 mixed
Powder: Ben Nye super white
Liner: MAC black track liner
Shadow: MAC carbon
Brows: MAC brow gel
Lip liner: MAC black eye liner
Lipstick: MAC black track liner
Contour: Rimmel medium bronzer, MAC black carbon shadow

Evaluation

Applying this look I did really enjoy it was most definitely a challenge as making sure both as were both at the same balance as I did find this quite hard as I done the first eye really well but then struggled on the second eye, as on the left eye it tended to be a slight lower on the eye than the right eye but it wasn't so noticeable but I did realise the left brow was a bit lower than the other brow so this could also be why. But I do need to practice on my symmetry as this is important in make up! And so for the lip just keep practising lips making sure I get the balance right consistently throughout my work, If I was to recreate this look I would make sure I apply everything to my work as I have mentioned in this evaluation and make even more of a creative eye liner.






No comments:

Post a Comment