Wednesday 16 December 2015

Evaluation: Hair and Make Up Current Trends



This term I have learnt from the basics of applying and colour matching in make up to applying a high fashion glossy black smoky eye look. Working better with products I wasn't so keen on before such as MAC face and body as I never really liked this product as I felt the coverage wasn't so good but I've learnt how to now work with this product and I do like using it now as I know now how to work the product. Getting my speed back up in make up and working well within a health and safety way in my work station, in hair being able to blow dry as at first I did find it hard but now I'm capable to wash, blow dry straight and a volume blow dry! Working with different heat appliances being my favourite Marcel waves and also the crimper's as I loved the crimper's as a child so have enjoyed using these too! So I feel liked I have learnt a lot in term 1 and can't wait for term 2 within Fashion make-up and Fashion hair! But before that this is my evaluation on my formative current trends: Zac Posen.



                                                                    Evaluation




(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/dc/69/14/dc691471ba1da113325813e8d2f125bb.jpg)


For this formative assessment we were give four cat walks to research them being,
  • Zac Posen NYFW SS/15
  • Tanya Taylor NYFW SS/15
  • Burberry LFW AW/14
  • Marc Jacobs SS/14 


Researching into these catwalks helping me select my chosen Zac Posen cat walk as I felt all the others were very plain but they all did have their main attraction point on the face, but Zac Posen cat walk really drew me in as I love the perfect base, the glossy eye & the bold red lip! Also I loved the sleek back glossy hair look that connects well with the make up as it shows a rich glossy image as an whole and I was excited to recreate this look showing my skills in this high fashion look!
For my base I used MAC face and body as I wanted an natural look but also give a nice light coverage with a light powder of Kroylan translucent and this worked great on my models skin, for the eyes instead of going straight in with the MAC gloss I applied no higher than the crease MAC cork just to give a slight rust colour to the lid then to finish off the eye with the gloss giving that high shine to the lids! for the brow I took through MAC brow gel to keep that natural look to the brows for the contour I used my MAC contour palette using the colour shadow to really chisel those cheek bones out and using MAC dolly mix as the blush this time applying more going a bit more pink with it as Branka said in my practice she would of gone pinker so I took this tip and and added more and it did look good! For the lip in the practice I used more of a orangey-red lip, this time I went more of a red as it is in the image! I loved applying this look found my time has got quicker too, but I do need to get my speed up on applying the lip even though I felt I done really well on a balanced lip it took me the longest as I really wanted to make sure I applied this lip well! And this is something I do need to gain speed on, If I was to do this again I think feel I would really change anything sept from speed on the lip as I was really happy with my out come and feel I really did show my skills and creating that perfect base and recreating the image as well as I could and it does in my eyes say Zac Posen!




For the hair in my formative I went for the same look sleek back glossy look I applied with gel putting to a side parting sprayed down with water to take out the kinks and let it dry straight and applied the gel giving the wet look like the image I was creating from combing back wards with my tail comb, combing in movement and to the front of the hair used my tail of the comb to lift the hair to give hight but still keep the same shape of the hair. Only taking the gel to the top of the back of the head leaving the rest straight and then doing random sections of crimping to give a slight change to the models hair, which worked really great! And feel I applied the brief well with my final out come of the hair and make-up! If I was to apply this hair again I would make sure it was all kept random as it all was sept from the far left side went more formal and the right side was more random which I felt worked more but the rest I really applied it well I felt I kept the shape well but still applied the similar movement that went on in the image!!





The Final Image







No comments:

Post a Comment