Wednesday 9 December 2015

Practice of my chosen catwalk Zac Posen- Hair & Make-up

For this lesson I done a practice run on my chosen catwalk Zac Posen NYFW SS15, excited for creating this look as I love how high fashion the hair and make-up is giving such definition to the bone structure of the face finishing with a sharpe bold lip with a glossy eye and slicked back glossy hair.
Cleansed, toned and moisturiser my model getting the skin ready for the base. For the base I used Face and Body MAC C1 and C3 to suit the models skin tone and as the models for this catwalk isn't an heavy coverage its more of a natural base worked more into with the contour really chiselling the face.
Starting to apply to my models skin building the base but not too much as I still want the natural skin look. Applied my MAC medium pallet just cancelling out slight darkness under the eyes, once I applied my base and concealed I applied strobe cream MAC to the cheekbones firstly applying with my ring finger but because I find face and body quite oily base to work with anyway and noticing this more when applying strobe with my finger as I felt like when I was applying to the cheekbones I was lifting the foundation, so I tried to light apply with one of my flat brushes that still did leave brush marks on the foundation so I moved onto powdering the face as I didn't want to over work and ruin it so I decided to move on and go back to it later on in the make-up.
Moving onto the eyes buffing up to the crease with MAC cork shadow and a slight buff of brule onto the brow brow just to give a slight highlight to the brow bone and applying MAC lip gloss to the lid just on top of cork giving the eye a glossy look! For the brows I groomed them with MAC brow gel just giving a more of a natural look as the may focus was you really show of the bold lip being complimented by the strong contour, glossy eye and natural brows.
Finishing the eye area applying MAC mascara to the lashes using my MAC fan brush to lightly apply the mascara.
As my chosen image shows a lot of structure within the cheek bones I buffered into under the cheek bones with MAC contour powder shadeester and then at the top near the ears I deepened this by going in with MAC shadowy to really add depth to my contour, with finishing the cheek area applied MAC dolly mix blush dusting it up the cheekbone.

To finish my cat walk inspired applying the bold red lip, mapping out my lip giving a slight points to the bow of the lip once mapped out using my MAC Ruby woo liner to then fill this lip in I used Ruby woo liner worked into the back of my hand and then applied on hold on top of this, this little trick is to help prolong the wear of the lipstick on the lip then applied to my mapped out lip. But a final finish off going back to the strobe cream explaining my problem to Branka being shown to
use a medium sized fluffy brush and lightly buffering into the height of the cheek bone really completing the glossy glow look.

                                                           Chosen Zac Posen image


 
(fig .1 Model unknown, designer Zac Posen)


                                                                My Work: Model Britta




Product used

MAC face and body C1 and C3
MAC medium concealer pallet
MAC brow gel
MAC mascara
MAC gloss
MAC cork shadow
MAC shadowy contour powder
Rimmel  medium bronzer
MAC Ruby woo lip liner 
MAC on hold lipstick


Evaluation 

I loved applying this look in our practice run for our formative seeing what worked well and what didn't. I was really happy with the base as I created a fresh look and good on the colour matching but when I went to apply MAC strobe cream to the height of the cheekbones with my ring finger I felt I just kept lifting the face and body from the skin so Branka shown me by just a medium sized fluffy blending brush just lightly buffing to the skin with not too much product and it really worked well!
When I applied the lip and told Branka I had finished she done a check on my work and just said the only thing was that the bow of my lip points were to close together and she would of parted the bow of the lip wider apart .

   

As you can see the left side was the lip I created and the right side Branka made adjustment too so taking off the off side with a cotton bud and copied Branka's side creating a well balanced lip as shown in my final picture below.


Final image with corrected lip. I feel I done really well within this practice and over come any problems I came to within my treatment and resolved them so that my formative should go smoothly on the day.
  

For the hair the models have sleek back wet look hair which on the day I will apply with gel  but for the practice I just wanted to get an quick feel for it so in this lesson we was shown different heat appliances as we have to use one in our formative so below I have insert different heat appliances I have tried and what my views are on them and what I will be using on the day of my model to recreate Zac Posen bold red lip look with the glossy sleek back hair style.


Firstly trying out marcel waves using a hot tong getting section of hair holding the leaver of the tong down and you place the hair between the tong and the plate of the tong when the hair is in you let go of the leaver just one roll up against the head rolling it to the left of the head and the and the left over of the hair pulling the hair in the other direction and repeating this all way down the hair going opposite to the way you did before and this will create your marcel wave.


This heat appliance created barrel waves with this all I done was section the hair and just place between the barrels and pressed down pressure and when released was left with lovely waves.


Final look on the barrel waves.



I really liked the look of the crimper's taking random sections a think this will also be very creative when I gel to get my wet look, I feel like this is the one I'm thinking more yeah this will work with my make up look but I wanted to try the others as I have never attempted some of them before so was nice to have a go at it even though I have selected them to put into my final piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment