Friday 29 January 2016

Term 2 Hair: plaits by me

So to start term 2 in fashion hair Emma demonstrated to us all different types of plaits from French plaits, fish tail plaits, 2 section plaits, and water fall braids so in the next 2 weeks my posts will consist of different plaits some I've done before and some I will attempt which I've not done before.

                                                                   French plait

First I started off with a basic French plait starting from the top of my head leading down to the back of the nape using 3 sections of hair.
( Fig 1 model Rebecca Menou, stylist Sophie Anders )


Fish tale plait 

I've never applied a fish tale plait before so I first started with brushing all my models hair back and taking this into a pony once applied this I sectioned the pony into two sections and then taking a small piece from the right side over the right section of hair taking this to the centre and then doing the same but with the left side section and as I carried this on I started to form my fish tale plait.

( Fig 2 model Rebecca Menou, stylist Sophie Anders )

This time I wanted to try a fish tale but without putting in a pony to help, I brushed all the hair out and sectioned my models hair into a middle parting taking this down to the nape having my two sections I started to apply my fish tale starting just above the nape by taking a small strand from under the right section taking it over the section into the middle and the repeating this with the left section of the hair carrying this on down the hair but this time I made it more loose and messy look by using the end of my tail comb to create this look.

( Fig 3 model Rebecca Menou, stylist Sophie Anders )

And then to change this style with a bit of a twist, with the both loose sides I carefully pulled them out and then starting from the front of the head twisted the hair to the head leading towards the fish tale and once got to the fish tale tucked the ends into the middle gripping these in so you cant see, making it as 1 hair style.

( Fig 4 model Rebecca Menou, stylist Sophie Anders )



No comments:

Post a Comment