Wednesday 20 January 2016

Contrasting colours by me

So in our demo Branka demonstrated a contrasted make up look that would fit for the cat walk! For my chosen colours I also chose  purple and yellow but instead of yellow I chose purple for the lid as I felt it would stand out on her skin tone better and then applied the yellow for under the eye.

Firstly I started off by of course making sure my models face is a fresh canvas to work on as any left over make-up could ruin my application, once I took off all make-up I applied astral an moisturiser to the models skin as this wether was slightly showing on the skin giving slight dryness in some areas once applied to let this soak into the skin I went on to applying my eyes using my white from the kroylan palette using a flat brush to lightly apply this product to my models lid taking it no further than the crease once applied to both lids I used morphe shadow pallet that is already great in pigment but as soon as I started to press my purple into the white it picked it up straight away giving such a gorgeous intense purple pressing this into the lid just taking this to the crease and slightly buffed it out and then very lightly buffed cork into the crease for under the eye I did forget to go in with the white grease paint and just used yellow from the morphe pallet taking this under the water line with the colour still being bold as the pallet seems to be high in pigments once applied I went on to applying the liner but in the past I have used MAC black track but if you've read my later blog post's you would of seen I'm most definitely not a fan and this time used inglot black gel liner that I found was more of a black, black in one stroke instead of the black track being a weak black appearance. Taking the liner half way of the winged out eye giving a Sharpe flick to really finish this contrast look I've applied.
For the brows I used MAC brun shadow mixing this with a small amount of water so it turns into a paste applying to the brow with a MAC angled brow brush which has become one of my favourite brushes!! Helps give a strong brow as I wanted to give the brow quite a strong appearance so filled the brow mainly mid to end of brow with the front more faded, and then applied mascara to top and bottom lashes with MAC mascara.

Moving onto the models base I wanted a full coverage look like Branka applied but as I didn't have the foundation in my kit that was used in the demo, the next best thing was MAC full coverage which I feel works well when applying a full coverage look but to work with applying less and buffing out onto the skin as it can look too heavy otherwise and that's not the look I'm going for, but a flawless look. Using the colours NC15 and NC25 mixed together will the smallest amount of NC35 to just add a hint of warmth from my MAC full coverage range. Buffing and blending out the product into the skin once I was happy with the application of the base I then went onto applying contour to give structure of the face using La girl pro concealer in colour toast with have not used this before it was a nice product to use but most definitely a little goes a long way, buffing this into the skin making sure its not making the face look dirty as sometimes this can happen if not applied well, once I was happy I applied a small amount of highlight to the area's I wanted to bring forward using MUA highlighting shimmer stick that gives a soft touch and is a new product I have recently brought as was recommended by Branka and is a lovely buy for the price!! Once all the base, contour and highlight have been applied I set the skin with Kroylan translucent product just lightly dusted over the face and also dusted a slight contour powder nothing heavy just a slight dust of MAC shadester to the contoured areas, for the lip I just applied carmex lip balm to the lips with my ring finger to finish my look off.



Products used:


Base: MAC full coverage, NC15, NC25, and NC35
Eyes: Kroylan white grease paint, morphe palette purple and yellow
Crease: MAC cork 
Liner: Inglot black gel liner
Mascara: MAC mascara
Contour: La girl shade toast , contour shadow shadester
Highlight: MUA shimmer stick shade light
Powder: Kroylan translucent powder
Lip: Carmex lip balm

Evaluation

With this make-up look I really enjoyed applying applying this look as I think it good to play with colour seeing what works well and what doesnt. In the demo Branka showed us by using yellow on the lid and purple under the eye which really worked well, and when I had my model in the seat I thought the purple would work great against her skin tone and really compliment the eyes but instead of having the purple under I took the purple to top of the lid and having the yellow underneath, and I just loved how much the contrasting colours really brought out my models eye's making them the main feature as this was my my intention to make this the main focal point of my make up look. To make it more high fashion look I blended the colour right into the corners of the eyes giving a really striking look. I overall loved applying this look and if I was to do this again I would of taken a slight more contour to the forehead just to bring it in more and should of concealed the small blemish on the side of the cheek as it does show through a little still, but the eyes I was really happy with overall out come and working with intense colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment